Friday, February 4, 2011

winter of 2011



What a snow filled winter it has been for us here in Michigan. If it isn't the winter storm of 2011 that has swathed half the United States, then it is lake effect snow for us living so close to Lake Michigan.
I am quite content, no matter the weather as long as we maintain power so I can stay warm. I am thankful I don't get cabin fever easily.
So with snow in mind, I decided that staying inside and making snowmen was a good pastime.
Making them inside does not involve cold winds down my neck or icy cold fingers inside my mittens. And I can even enjoy hot cocoa and pretzels in between snowmen. These are my latest creations. Aren't they happy fellows? And they won't even melt in the sunshine.

The verse inside these reads: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
When life gives you snow, make snowmen.

Hope all of you are staying warm and cheerful like these snowmen.
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment