Friday, March 18, 2011

Last of the hummers


These are the last of the humming bird cards that I will be making for a bit. I am looking forward to the real ones coming when the weather warms up some.
I really love the paper embroidery design to be used with ribbon. It is a nice touch.

My goal for the coming year is to use more of the supplies I have on hand, which includes printed scrap book paper, ribbon and embellishments. I was able to do that with these cards with a little imagination. Sometimes it takes a little effort and imagination to stretch the borders of what we have become comfortable with.
I had not used my Twinkling H2O's in a forever and it was fun to pull them out and add glimmer and sheen to the humming bird. When I begin to poke into the depths of my art room, I am amazed what I find there.
It is not unlike poking around in the flower gardens that have lay dormant for these last months. I have started clearing the beds on days that are warm enough for me. It is so much fun to pull back the dead leaves to find the first shoots of daffodils and tulips in their fresh greens and yellow tinges. What promise they hold of spring coming and beautiful blooms to come. The soil is soft and nice to work with.
It is the same in the art room as I pull open drawers to find treasures of beautiful paper I had forgotten I had and a box full of embellishments that would add such a pretty touch to a greeting card.
There is that same promise of wonderful possibilities in my art room as in the flower gardens. Creativity is everywhere for the taking. We just need to take the time to discover them.
Hope spring and creativity is headed your way.
Sallyann

1 comment: