Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

It has truly been "dog days of Summer" here with all the heat and humidity we have had this summer.

This is the second of my assignments with Laure F's Artful Journaling Foundations class. I feel like a fish out of water here and flounder a bit as I work. But don't we all when we are learning something new.

As always, I am finding that finding time to do the work is an issue. I just have to get over the idea that I must have all my work done before I can play. Perhaps the way to do that is to remind myself that this is real "work" right now, that will become play more and more as I learn more.

I am happy with this piece even though I lean toward more realistic looking pieces. At least I can tell it is watermelon.

I am enjoying the class.
Hope you will stop by and take a peek as my work progresses.
Sallyann

1 comment:

  1. are you kidding me? This looks real enough to eat! You did fantastic Sallyann!

    ReplyDelete