Monday, January 17, 2011

Reaching out to others with artistic Cards


I made some of these calendar cards and mailed them off to friends. I try to make some each year and find the hardest part is choosing a design that I wouldn't be bored with after a couple of months.
This year I used threads and beads. In previous years I have put magnets on the back. This year I decided to put small easels on the back too so it could be used as a desk calendar.
So even as these were sent out my mind began whirling on something new and different for next year.

The little card is one I am sending to welcome a new member on and online group I belong to,
She is concerned that her work is not as good as she would like it to be to share with others.
So this little creation of mine is a simple tag with a verse on it. I made the pocket to hold the tag by cutting the corner off an old envelope and layering a pretty scrap on top. It was fun poking around in the fiber drawer to pull out some different fibers to make a tassel. If she doesn't have kitties this tag could become a bookmark. At my house, tassels and fibers are an open invitation to the kitties. Or at least that's what they tell me.

I have two more cards almost finished that I will share with you soon.

Hope all of you are finding creative ways to brighten your day.
S.








No comments:

Post a Comment